This math game creates high levels of student engagement and rigor, while helping kids develop math vocabulary and a deeper understanding of comparing fractions, as well as math vocabulary such as equal parts, numerator, and denominator.
Using the classic GUESS WHO game boards, students ask yes or no questions to try and guess their opponent’s mystery fraction. It takes a lot of skill to not only formulate questions, but also eliminate fractions based on their opponent’s answers.
The games are perfect for math centers or early finishers!
This download includes:
- Game Board Fraction Cards (to fit into the game board flaps)
- Mystery Fraction Cards (contains the fraction that opponents are trying to guess)
- “1 Sheet” game board template for the newest Guess Who game boards
- A “Cheat Sheet” (a visual reference sheet for students to use if they get stuck thinking of questions to ask). The more they play, the less they will need the Cheat Sheet!
“Does your fraction have 4 equal parts?”
“Is your fraction greater than one half?”
“Does your fraction have a 1 in the numerator?”
*GAME BOARD COMPATIBILITY*
Templates are included for THREE versions of Guess Who (other versions may have different dimensions, and therefore the templates will not fit):
- An original version of “Guess Who?” (no longer sold on Amazon)
- The newer version of Guess Who on Amazon
- The newest “Easy-to-Load One Sheet” game on Amazon (this one provides the easiest prep- no needing to cut small pieces or cards)!
Please see the preview for all that is included.
Check out all available Guess Who game sets:
Want FREE storage labels for all of your Guess Who Games? Find them here:
You may also like these engaging activities based on another classic game: