These math games create high levels of student engagement and rigor, while helping kids develop math vocabulary and a deeper understanding of place value, number sense, and different ways to represent a number: standard form, expanded form, and word form.
Using the classic GUESS WHO game boards, students ask yes or no questions to try and guess what is on their opponent’s mystery card. It takes a lot of skill to not only formulate questions, but also to do the process of elimination based on their opponent’s answers. The games are perfect for math centers or early finishers!
PLEASE NOTE: This resource includes templates for an original version of “Guess Who?” sold on Amazon, as well as this specific newer version of the board game: Guess Who on Amazon. Other versions may have different dimensions for the flaps, and therefore the cards will not fit.
This download includes 4 game versions that can be switched in and out of your game boards as needed:
- Standard Form
- Expanded Form
- Word Form
- Combination (a mixture of standard, expanded, and word form)
Each of the 4 versions includes:
- Game Board Number Cards (to fit into the game board flaps)
- Mystery Cards (contains the number/form that opponents are trying to guess)
- A “Cheat Sheet” (a visual reference sheet for students to use if they get stuck thinking of questions to ask). The more they play, the less they will need the Cheat Sheet!
- “Is your number in standard/expanded/word form?”
- “Does your number have a 6 in the hundreds place?”
- “Is your number adding 4 tens?”
- “Does your number come between 345 and 350?”
Please see preview for each of the game versions.
Check out all available Guess Who game sets:
Editable Guess Who (Create Your Own Games!)
Guess Who Mystery Number (Place Value)
Guess Who Mystery Addition Fact (Addition to 20)
Guess Who Mystery Subtraction Fact (Subtraction to 20)
Guess Who Mystery Money (Counting Dollars and Coins)
Guess Who Mystery Clock (Telling Time)
Guess Who Mystery Shape (Geometry)
Guess Who Mystery Fraction (Fractions)
Guess Who Mystery Multiplication Fact (Multiplication)
Guess Who Mystery Division Fact (Division)
Guess Who Mystery Decimal (Place Value Practice for Decimals)
Want FREE storage labels for all of your Guess Who Games? Find them here:
You may also like this engaging place value activity based on another classic game:
There are no reviews yet.