These math games create high levels of student engagement and rigor, while helping kids practice division and math vocabulary.
Using the classic GUESS WHO game boards, students ask yes or no questions to try and guess their opponent’s mystery division fact. It takes a lot of skill to not only formulate questions, but also eliminate facts based on their opponent’s answers.
The games are perfect for math centers or early finishers!
This download includes 7 game sets that can be used for differentiation or to switch out as your students progress through their facts:
-Dividing by 1 and 2
-Dividing by 3 and 4
-Dividing by 5 and 6
-Dividing by 7 and 8
-Dividing by 9 and 10
-Dividing by 11 and 12
-Mixed Facts (a combination of all of the above games)
Each of the 7 versions includes:
- Game Board Division Fact Cards (to fit into the game board flaps)
- Mystery Division Fact Cards (contains the division fact that opponents are trying to guess)
- 1 Sheet” game board template for the newest Guess Who game boards
- A “Cheat Sheet” (a visual reference sheet for students to use if they get stuck thinking of questions to ask) is also provided. The more they play, the less they will need the Cheat Sheet!
“Is the quotient equal to ___?”
“Is the quotient greater/less than ___?”
“Is the quotient even/odd?”
“Is the dividend a ___?”
“Is the divisor a ___?”
*GAME BOARD COMPATIBILITY*
Templates are included for THREE versions of Guess Who (other versions may have different dimensions, and therefore the templates will not fit):
- An original version of “Guess Who?” (no longer sold on Amazon)
- The newer version of Guess Who on Amazon
- The newest “Easy-to-Load One Sheet” game on Amazon (this one provides the easiest prep- no needing to cut small pieces or cards)!
Please see preview for each of the game versions.
Check out all available Guess Who game sets:
Want FREE storage labels for all of your Guess Who Games? Find them here:
You may also like this engaging division activity based on another classic game: