This is an end of the year book companion to go along with the book “Our Class is a Family.”
Want your students to have a special keepsake of their memories from the school year? This memory book is an end of the year activity that can be used as an extension for the book Our Class is a Family by Shannon Olsen. It’s a fun way for students to reflect on their favorite memories from the year, and they can take it home with them on the last day of school.
Pick and choose which pages you’d like to use, and copy a set for each student. The pages can be bound together (stapled, hole punched and fastened together with yarn, book binding machine, etc.). Have students work on it during the final days or weeks leading up to the last day of school.
The book includes the following pages (click the preview tab to see visuals of what’s included):
- Covers for grades K-5
- Title pages (boy & girl option provided)
- About Me, About My Friends, & About My Teacher pages (pages provided for either male or female teacher).
- Favorite things learned about in each school subject
- Favorite activities from different times of year (back to school, fall, winter, spring)
- Favorite books of the year
- Favorite memory
- Class Family themed pages
- Find Someone Who (interactive activity with the whole class)
- Autograph pages for students to sign
You might also like these other extension activities and resources for books by Shannon Olsen: